Charges for Services at the Student Health Centre
The University levies charges to students for all services in the Student Health Centre. The charges vary depending on the service provided and the charges vary from time to time and upon instruction from the University. A summary of the charges are listed below:-
|Doctor telephone consultation
Doctor face to face consultation
|Contraceptive clinic - first time consultation at SHC
Contraceptive clinic - repeat consultation at SHC
Physiotherapy initial consultation
Phyisotherapy follow up consultation
- Due to the Coronavirus, essential changes have been made to some of our work practices. All appointments must be booked by telephone and payment must be made at the time of booking.
Medical card holders please note:-
- Medical card holders may use their cards for prescription purposes and can avail of a reduced rate of €10 for the STI and contraceptive clinics. For all other services the normal charge will apply. Local students with medical cards are advised to visit their own GP. Non-local students with medical cards are advised to register with a local GP. Please state when booking an appointment that you have a medical card.
European Health Insurance card (EHIC) holders please note:-
- EHIC holders may only use their card for prescription purposes. Alternatively, EHIC users may register with another doctor (General Practictioner/GP) locally where they will not have to pay a consultation fee.
- Payment may be made by debit or credit card over the phone.
- Payment must be made over the phone when booking an appointment. Consultation or service will not be provided without payment being made first.
- Only in an emergency case will another method of payment be deemed (by the clinician) to be acceptable. Where possible, it would be necessary for this to be agreed prior to a service being provided.