Charges for Services at the Student Health Centre
The University levies charges to students for all services in the Student Health Centre with the exception of consultations with the Psychiatrist. The charges vary depending on the service provided and the charges vary from time to time and upon instruction from the University. A summary of the charges are listed below:-
|I grade application on the day of illness, without external doctor's cert
|I grade application with external doctor's cert
Medical card holders please note:-
- The Student Health Centre cannot accept medical cards. Local students with medical cards are advised to visit their own GP. Non-local students with medical cards are advised to register with a local GP or with Dr Ronan Ryder, Old Windmill Medical Centre, Lwr Gerald Griffin St, Limerick, Tel: 061 313 919.
European Health Insurance card (EHIC) holders please note:-
- The Student Health Centre cannot accept EHICs. You should register with another doctor (General Practictioner/GP) locally or with Dr Ronan Ryder, Old Windmill Medical Centre, Lwr Gerald Griffin St, Limerick, Tel: 061 313 919.
- Payment must be made by either cash, debit or credit card.
- Payment must be made prior to actual consultation at the Student Health Centre. Consultation or service will not be provided without payment being made first.
- Only in an emergency case will another method of payment be deemed (by the clinician) to be acceptable. Where possible, it would be necessary for this to be agreed prior to a service being provided.
NB! A €5 fee will apply for students who do not attend their appointment and who do not give advance notification to the Student Health Centre that they will not be able to attend.