Charges for Services at the Student Health Centre
The University levies charges to students for all services in the Student Health Centre. The charges vary depending on the service provided and the charges vary from time to time and upon instruction from the University. A summary of the charges are listed below:-
I grade application:
- on the day of illnes without External Medical Certification Form
- with completed External Medical Certification Form
Medical card holders please note:-
- Medical card holders may use the STI and contraceptive clinics without paying a fee but all other services will incur a charge. Local students with medical cards are advised to visit their own GP. Non-local students with medical cards are advised to register with a local GP or with Dr Ronan Ryder, Old Windmill Medical Centre, Lwr Gerald Griffin St, Limerick, Tel: 061 313 919.
European Health Insurance card (EHIC) holders please note:-
- The Student Health Centre cannot accept EHICs. You should register with another doctor (General Practictioner/GP) locally or with Dr Ronan Ryder, Old Windmill Medical Centre, Lwr Gerald Griffin St, Limerick, Tel: 061 313 919.
- Payment must be made by either cash, debit or credit card.
- Payment must be made when checking in, prior to the actual consultation at the Student Health Centre. Consultation or service will not be provided without payment being made first.
- Only in an emergency case will another method of payment be deemed (by the clinician) to be acceptable. Where possible, it would be necessary for this to be agreed prior to a service being provided.
NB! A €5 fee will apply for students who do not attend their appointment and who do not give advance notification to the Student Health Centre that they will not be able to attend.