Search icon

Students with LENS

In addition to our core services, we can also provide some support to students who may have additional support requirements due to various learning differences or difficulties. These students must be registered with Disability Services before requesting LENS-specific support from the Science Learning Centre (SLC).

How Do I Register with Disability Services?

You can find out more information about registering with Disability Services via this link: 

How Do I Request LENS-Specific Support with the SLC?

Once you are registered with Disability Services, you can request support in a science-based subject by emailing the Student Support Officer with your request and cc'ing in the SLC (

Information on how to contact the Student Support Officer can be found here: 

If you have used a tutor at the SLC before, it would be very beneficial to mention their name in the email.

Am I Guaranteed to Receive Support from the SLC After I Request LENS-Specific Support?

Disability services will liaise with the SLC once they receive your request for support in a science-based subject, and we will always try to find a suitable tutor who will be available to support you. However, providing such services is reliant on suitable tutors who are (1) employed by the SLC at the time of the request and (2) their availability. As such, we may not always be able to guarantee such support, but will always do our best to accommodate students in these cases.