The Science Learning Centre (SLC) is part of the Centre for Transformative Learning (CTL) here at the University of Limerick. The SLC provides support to UL students whose degree includes a science or engineering component. We also work with staff in science and engineering disciplines to develop transformative pedagogies for STEM disciplines in higher education.
The Science Learning Centre aims primarily to support undergraduate students taking first year and some second year modules, although help is given whenever possible to other years also.
Aims of the Centre
To work with staff and to provide support to students in science and engineering by:
- Delivering dedicated support to students taking science and engineering modules by trained tutors
- The provision of a dedicated supervised area for students with access to personal tutors and additional resources
- Addressing support needs for specific groups e.g. mature students, transferee students, lifelong learning, access students, international students, etc
- Working with faculty and module leaders to support students in their transition into third-level
- Researching the impact of the support services we provide
- To develop and pilot new approaches to curriculum organisation, pedagogy and assessment for STEM disciplines in higher education
Click on the 'About Us' section on the left hand side of the page to find out about the services we offer.
Details of our supports will be emailed to students. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with specific requests.