fbpx New UL Science & Engineering Building is Named in Honour of Analog Devices | University of Limerick arrow
Search icon

New UL Science & Engineering Building is Named in Honour of Analog Devices


UL Analog Devices BuildingUniversity of Limerick’s newly constructed innovative science and engineering building will be named the Analog Devices building in honour of US-headquartered semiconductor company, Analog Devices (ADI), following a major gift of €2million by the company to the UL Foundation.

The building was constructed as part of the ground-breaking Bernal Project which involves the recruitment of 10 world leading professors, a start-up seed fund to support their teaching and research activity, as well as construction of the new advanced research building on campus.  Of the €54million project, 30% of the cost is being met by state contributions and University funding with the remaining 70% being funded philanthropically, including €2 million from Analog Devices for the research building.

Headquartered in Massachusetts in the USA and with significant research, product development and manufacturing in the Raheen Business Park in Limerick for almost 40 years, ADI has a long and close history with UL and has supported many of the UL Foundation’s initiatives over the years.

Referring to support of the new building, Vince Roche, President and Chief Executive Officer of ADI said: “Analog Devices and the University of Limerick have maintained a strong partnership for decades. This building is a beacon that will shine for many years to come, representing our shared enthusiasm for STEM and commitment to educating future generations”.

UL President Professor Don Barry added: “The University has a long standing relationship with Analog Devices and we are delighted that the company has chosen to further cement this relationship by naming the new science and engineering building on campus”.

David Cronin, Chief Executive of the UL Foundation, said: “As the work that is carried out in the Analog Devices building will significantly support Ireland’s national research priorities and contribute to the economic development of the country, it is an excellent fit with a world technological leader like Analog Devices”.

Approximately 150 construction jobs have been created in the construction of the new building with a further 75 long-term, sustainable research and teaching positions, amounting to a total of 225 jobs being created by the Bernal Project.