We at the School of Law are committed to ensuring the best experience for our international students
- We host discipline-specific workshops for our international/Erasmus students in Legal English and the Legal Databases.
- We support our international/Erasmus students with seminars focused on exam preparation.
- Generous AHSS faculty scholarships are available to non-EU students interested in completing undergraduate or postgraduate studies at the School of Law.
- Our undergraduate law students participate in the International Education Division’s Buddy Programme which pairs international students with Irish students throughout the term, improving the mutual integration of the international students and the Irish students attending UL and introducing international students to the true UL experience.
- We meet all incoming international/Erasmus students one-to-one at the start of term.
- We are located on a stunning parkland campus in the mid-west of Ireland, only 20kms from Shannon International Airport and 5kms from Limerick City.
- A recent International Student Barometer Survey which involved over 5,000 international students studying across the seven Irish universities voted the University of Limerick as the number one University in providing the best student experience, the best student support, and warmest welcome in Ireland.
- Students have access to a dedicated careers support service, an advisor system, a student counselling centre, and free academic support centres.
- UL campus has fantastic facilities and amenities including cafes, restaurants, bars, shops, sports facilities, and self-catering apartments in a quiet area for postgrads.
- UL has over 70 clubs and societies as well as student organisations and campus events.
- UL was named University of the Year 2015, 2018, and 2019 in the Sunday Times Good University Guide.
There is further information for Chinese students and other international students interested in studying at the School of Law.
Incoming international exchange students interested in studying at the School of Law should also visit the UL International Education Division website for information on how to apply.
For all other queries, please contact our dedicated School of Law advisor, Dr John Lombard.
Recently, our visiting Brazilian law students showed us why they love the School of Law, University of Limerick. Watch the video to get a taste of life at UL.
Have a look at our new video on the benefits of studying Law at UL.
Did You Know?
The University of Limerick was voted best international student supports in Ireland, and is ranked 4th overall in the International Student Barometer. It also has the largest Erasmus exchange programme in Ireland.