“Phishing” is a very common type of cyber-attack. Phishing attacks can take many forms, but they all share a common goal - getting you to disclose sensitive information.
- Be careful of emails requesting you to verify your log in details. ITD will never ask you to do this via email
- Do not click on links or attachments from unknown senders. Be especially wary of compressed or executable file types
- Do not provide any sensitive or personal information over email to unsolicited callers
- Check email senders address for suspicious or misleading domain names (eg. firstname.lastname@example.org)
- If you cannot tell if an email is legitimate Do Not Open It.