This is a Government scheme and details are available on http://www.bikescheme.ie/
The University's Cycle to Work Scheme Procedure and Application Form is available on the Human Resources website.
Send completed Cycle to Work Application Form approved by HR, together with Supplier Quotation to the Purchasing Office.
Purchasing Process for Buyer:
- Identify the required bicycle and/or cycle safety equipment to a value not exceeding €1000, and get itemised quotation from Supplier
- Complete and return the Application Form to HR for approval
- Forward completed Application Form stamped by HR to Purchasing with a final itemised quotation from Supplier
- Purchasing will issue the Official Purchase Order to the Supplier and forward a copy to the Buyer when approved. (Note: as the PO may be sent by An Post to the Supplier, the Buyer may receive a copy before the Supplier)
- Buyer should contact Supplier to make arrangements for collection of the equipment quoting PO No.
- Buyer to notify Accounts Payable in writing when goods are received quoting PO No.
Invoices should be forwarded to Accounts Payable, Finance Department quoting Purchase Order No.
- Reimbursement via Expenses is not allowed
- Third Party payment is not recommended e.g. vouchers
- Leaving a Deposit with Supplier is not recommended