Search icon


Enablement Fund

In partnership with the University of Limerick, the Bank of Ireland has provided funding to the University to invest in key areas of the student experience, including Sports, University Clubs and Societies, Student Development and key Alumni activities and events.

How much funding is available?

A fund is available pending receipt of suitable applications.  The fund is allocated 20% to Alumni Events and the remaining 80% is available to applications under the headings (1) student development initiatives (40%) and (2) UL clubs and societies (40%).  There will be competition from competing applicants for funding and consequently some applications will not receive funding and others may receive funding below the level requested.  Award amounts vary in size and are relative to the scale and impact of the proposal, awards typically range from €800 up to €6000, however there is no set minimum or maximum.

BOI / Bank of Ireland Enablement Fund