Charges for Services at the Student Health Centre
The University levies charges to students for all services in the Student Health Centre. The charges vary depending on the service provided and the charges vary from time to time and upon instruction from the University. A summary of the charges are listed below:-
I grade application:
- on the day of illness without External Medical Certification Form
- with completed External Medical Certification Form
Medical card holders please note:-
- Medical card holders may use their cards for prescription purposes and for the STI and contraceptive clinics but all other services will incur a charge. Local students with medical cards are advised to visit their own GP. Non-local students with medical cards are advised to register with a local GP.
European Health Insurance card (EHIC) holders please note:-
- EHIC holders may only use their card for prescription purposes. Alternatively, EHIC users may register with another doctor (General Practictioner/GP) locally where they will not have to pay a consultation fee.
If a student is experiencing financial difficulty and wishes to apply for financial aid, he/she is encouraged to call to Teach Fáilte or Room CM071 in the Main building to meet with the Chaplain, Fr John Campion. Alternatively, you can email email@example.com to make an appointment.
- Payment may be made by either cash, debit or credit card.
- Payment must be made when checking in, before going in to the waiting room. Consultation or service will not be provided without payment being made first.
- Only in an emergency case will another method of payment be deemed (by the clinician) to be acceptable. Where possible, it would be necessary for this to be agreed prior to a service being provided.
- Note: Students experiencing financial difficulty may make an application for financial aid via the chaplaincy, UL Student Life or the PSU.
NB! A €5 fee will apply for students who do not attend their appointment and who do not give advance notification to the Student Health Centre that they will not be able to attend.