The Science Learning Centre is part of the Centre for Transformative Learning at the University of Limerick. The Science Learning Centre provides teaching and learning support for the disciplines of science and engineering, working with staff and students to support the development and implementation of transformative pedagogies.
Aims of the Centre
To work with staff and to provide support to students in science and engineering by:
- Delivering dedicated support to students taking science and engineering modules by trained tutors
- The provision of a dedicated supervised area for students with access to personal tutors and additional resources
- Addressing support needs for specific groups e.g. mature students, transferee students, lifelong learning, access students, international students, etc
- Working with faculty and module leafers to support students in their transition into third-level
- Researching the impact of the support services we provide
- To develop and pilot new approaches to curriculum organisation, pedagogy and assessment for STEM disciplines in higher education
PLEASE CHECK OUT OUR SULIS SITE DURING COVID-19 RESTRICTION PERIOD FOR ONLINE SUPPORT.