Rabah Mouras, PhD, is a Senior Research Fellow and Principle Investigator (PI) at the Department of Physics & Energy and Materials and Surface Science Institute (MSSI)
Research group: Modelling, Simulation, And Innovative Characterization Group (MOSAIC)
Contact details: MS1-013-049, Materials and Surface Science Institute (MSSI), University of Limerick, Castletroy. Co. Limerick. Ireland
Phone: +353 (0) 61 234170
Research activities: His research activities are in the field of Nano-Bio-Photonics, focusing on the technological development of advanced label free, high resolution imaging tools based on optical micro-spectroscopy (Raman, SERS, CARS, SRS, TPEF, SHG…) in combination with scanning probe microscopy (AFM, SNOM) for applications in both materials and biosciences.
Current project: Optical metrology in collaboration with Cook Medical, co-funded by Enterprise Ireland and COOK Medical €505,455.00 (03/2016-02/2018), Principle Investigator (PI)
- S. M. Daly, R. Mouras, C. Silien and T. A. M. Tofail, “Label free Infra-Red nanoscopy: Impact on biology and medical devices” Book Chapter in Electrically Active Materials for Medical Devices Accepted, April 2016 (under process).
SUBMITTED / ACCEPTED PUBLICATIONS
- Grigore Rischitor, Rabah Mouras, Asim Azfer, Lisa Lungaro , Marc Ulharz, Thomas Herrmannsdörfer, Pierre Bagnaninchi, Scott Semple, Alistair Elfick, Donald M Salter, “A Bioassimilated Monitoring and Control Technology for Cell Therapies” Submitted to Scientific reports (February 2016)
- Mark Nixon, Scott D Mackenzie, Ash I Taylor, Natalie ZM Homer, Rabah Mouras, Roland H Stimson, Rebecca M Reynolds, Alistair Elfick, Ruth Andrew, Brian R Walker, “ABCC1 confers tissue-specific sensitivity to cortisol versus corticosterone; a rationale for safer glucocorticoid replacement therapy” Submitted to Science Translational Medicine (April 2016)
- Helinor J. Johnston, Rabah Mouras, David M. Brown, Alistair Elfick and Vicki Stone, “ Exploring the cellular and tissue uptake of nanomaterials in a range of biological samples using multimodal nonlinear optical microscopy,” Nanotechnology 26 (50), (2015) 505102
- Dzmitry G. Batrakou, Jose I. de las Heras, Rabah Mouras, and Eric C. Schirmer, “TMEM120A and B: Nuclear Envelope Proteins Important for Adipocyte Differentiation” PLoS One 29 (2015); 10 (5): e0127712.
- R. Mouras, P. Bagnaninchi, A. Downes, and A. Elfick “Multi-modal, label-free non-linear optical imaging for applications in biology and biomedical science” J. Raman Spectrosc. 44 (2013) 1373- 1378
- R. Mouras, P. Bagnaninchi, A. Downes and A. Elfick, “Label-free assessment of adipose-derived stem cells differentiation using Coherent Anti-Stokes Raman Scattering (CARS) and multi-photon microscopy" J. Biomed. Opt. 17(11):116011 (2012)
- A. Downes, R. Mouras, P. Bagnaninchi, and A. Elfick, “Raman spectroscopy and CARS microscopy of stem cells and their derivatives”. J. Raman Spectrosc. 42(2011)1864–1870.
- R. Mouras, P. Bagnaninchi, A. Downes, M. Muratore, A. Elfick, “Nonlinear optical microscopy of adipose-derived stem cells induced towards osteoblasts and adipocytes”, Advanced Microscopy Techniques Proc of SPIE (BiOS), 8086-25 (2011).
- M. Mari, R. Mouras, A. Downes, A. Elfick, “Exploring the interactions between peptides and lipid bilayers using coherent anti-stokes Raman scattering and two-photon fluorescence”, Advanced Microscopy Techniques Proc of SPIE (BiOS), 8086-51 (2011).
- R. Mouras, G. Rischitor, A. Downes, M. Mari, A. Elfick, “Multimodal Microscope for Advanced Biological Imaging” Multiphoton Microscopy in the Biomedical Sciences Proc of SPIE (BiOS) 7569, 756933 (2010).
- R. Mouras, A. Kilgour, A. Elfick, “On the nanotribology of polyethylene single crystals”, Wear, 270 , (2011) 622–627
- F. Meriche, A. Boudrioua, R. Kremer, E. Dogheche, E. Neiss-Clauss, R. Mouras, A. Fischer, M-R. Beghoul, E. Fogarassy, N. Boutaoui “Fabrication and investigation of 1D and 2D structures in LiNbO3 thin films by pulsed laser ablation” Optical Materials, 32 (11), (2010) 1427 – 1434
- R. Mouras, G. Rischitor, A. Downes, A. Elfick and D. Salter, “Non-linear optical microscopy for drug delivery monitoring and cancer tissue imaging”, J. Raman Spectrosc., 41, 848 (2010).
- A. Downes, R. Mouras and A. Elfick, “Optical spectroscopy for non-invasive monitoring of stem cell differentiation" J. Biomed. Biotech. 2010 (2010), 101864
- A. P. D. Elfick, A. R. Downes and R. Mouras, “Development of tip-enhanced optical spectroscopy for biological applications: a review”, Anal. Bioanal. Chem. 396 (2010) 45- 52
- A. Downes, R. Mouras, M. Mari and A. Elfick, “Optimising tip-enhanced optical microscopy”. J. Raman Spectrosc. 40 (2009) 1355–1360
- A. Downes, R. Mouras and A. Elfick “A versatile CARS microscope for biological imaging” J. Raman Spectrosc. 40 (2009) 757–762
- F. Meriche, E. Neiss-Clauss, R. Kremer, A. Boudrioua, E. Dogheche, E. Fogarassy, R. Mouras, and A. Bouabellou “Micro structuring of LiNbO3 by using nanosecond pulsed laser ablation”, Applied Surface Science 254 (4) (2007) 1327-1331
- M. Kostritskii, P. Bourson, R. Mouras, and M. D. Fontana “Optical fatigue of undoped lithium niobate crystals caused by irreversible photorefractive damage at high-intensity illumination” Opt. Materials 29 (2007) 732–737
- R. Mouras, M. D. Fontana, M. Mostefa, P. Bourson “Photorefractive properties probed by Raman spectroscopy in Fe-doped LiNbO3" JOSA B, 23 (9) (2006) 1867-1871
- S. Kostritskii, P. Moretti, R. Mouras, P. Bourson, M. Fontana “Formation of polarization nano-clusters in He+-ions implanted LiNbO3 waveguides” Ferroelectrics, 340 (2006) 83-87
- B. Lahbabi, M. Zriouil, A. Assani, R. Mouras, B. Elouadi, P. Bourson “Raman spectroscopy study of the new LiTaO3-related solid solutions B: Li1+xTa1-x/2Co3x/4O3 inside the system Li2O-Ta2O5-(CoO)2” J. Phys. IV France, 123 (2005) 219-223
- S. M. Kostritskii, P. Bourson, M. D. Fontana, R. Mouras, M. Aillerie “Application of Raman spectroscopy for measurement of photorefractive damage profile in LiNbO3 crystals” Phys. Stat. Sol.(c) 11 (2004)3170–3173
- B. Boudine, M. Sebais, O. Halimi, H. Alliouche, A. Boudrioua, R. Mouras “Structural and optical properties of CdS nanocrystals embedded in NaCl single crystals” Catalysis Today, 89 (2004) 293-296
- B. Boudine, M. Sebais, O. Halimi, R Mouras, A. Boudrioua, P. Bourson “Characterization of CdS nanocrystals embedded in KCl single crystal matrix grown by Czochralski method”, Opt. Materials, 25 (2004) 373-377
- O. Halimi, B. Boudine, M. Sebais, A. Chellouche, R. Mouras, A. Boudrioua “Structural and optical characterisation of ZnO nanocrystals embedded in bulk KBr single crystal” Materials Science & Engineering C, 23 (6-8) (2003) 1111-1114
- R. Mouras, P. Bourson, M. D. Fontana, G. Boulon “Raman spectroscopy as a probe of the rare earth ions location in LiNbO3 Crystals” Optics Communications 197 (2001) 439-444.
- R. Mouras, M. Kostritskii, P. Bourson, M. Aillerie, M. D. Fontana “Photoinduced Raman scattering in nominally pure Lithium niobate crystals” Opt. Materials 18 (2001) 127-130.
- M. D. Fontana, K. Chah, M. Aillerie, R. Mouras, P. Bourson “Optical damage resistance in undoped LiNbO3 crystals” Opt. Materials 16 (2001) 111-117
- R. Mouras, M. D. Fontana, P. Bourson, A. V. Postnikov “Lattice site of Mg ion in LiNbO3 crystal determined by Raman spectroscopy” J. Phys. Cond. Mat. 12 (2000) 1– 7
- R. Mouras, P. Bourson, M. D. Fontana, M. Aillerie, F. Lhommé, K. Polgar “Influence of the MgO doping concentration on the width of the E(TO1) Raman mode in congruent LiNbO3 crystals”, Rad. Eff. Def. Sol. 150 (1999) 255-258