The 16th International Symposium on Electrets (ISE16) conference will be held at KU Leuven, Belgium, from Sept. 4 - 7, 2017. Like at previous editions, the symposium will be followed by a tutorial based workshop “Ferroelectric polymers for flexible electronics” running till Sept. 8.
With this 1st circular we highly welcome contributions to the symposium. Abstract submission will be open from February 15 – April 15, 2017. Paper acceptance notification will be in June 2017. Further details will follow soon and will be announced in a 2nd circular along with the launch of the conference website.
The conference topics include, but are not limited to:
- Charge related phenomena in dielectrics (injection, storage, transport, trapping, measurements)
- Dielectric and space charge relaxations in polymers and organics
- Dielectric and electrical responses of dielectrics to high electric fields
- Dielectric relaxation spectroscopy
- Energy storage in dielectrics and ionic materials
- Thermally stimulated phenomena
- Electrets for energy harvesting: principle, design, characterization and applications
- Piezo-, pyro- and ferroelectrets
- Electrocaloric and pyroelectric materials
- Piezo-electric phenomena in polymers and organics/biomaterials
- Applications of organic and polymer based piezo-electric materials
- Electrets and functional polymers in organic electronics
- Optical effects, photoelectrets
- Electrostatic and dielectric phenomena in life sciences - bioelectrets
- Soft transducers: sensors and actuators, including dielectric elastomers
- Nanoscale electrostatic, dielectric and electret materials
- Electret and dielectric phenomena in nanoscale structures
- Other related and emerging topics
Your participation in ISE16 is Welcome!