Search icon

Analog Devices Building wins Irish Building Project of the Year

Analog Devices Building wins Irish Building Project of the Year

The Analog Devices Building at the University of Limerick has been named as the Irish Building Project of the Year at the Irish Building and Design Awards 2016 in Dublin this weekend.

The advanced research building at UL, won the online vote against some very worthy competitors for the title including: the Shelbourne Hotel Restoration; the  N11 Arklow /Rathnew PPP / N7 Newlands Cross Flyover; ‘One Albert Quay’, Albert Quay, Cork City Centre and the Greenway Hub Building at Grangegorman Campus.

Designed by leading architects, RKD, Dublin and constructed by PJ Hegarty Ltd., Cork, the Analog Devices Building at UL was constructed as part of the ground-breaking Bernal Project which involves the recruitment of 10 world leading professors, a start-up seed fund to support their teaching and research activity, as well as construction of the new advanced research building on campus.  Of the €54million project, 30% of the cost was met by state contributions and University funding with the remaining 70% being funded philanthropically, including a significant donation from Analog Devices for the research building.

Robert Reidy, Director of Buildings and Estates at UL has welcomed the award. “The Analog Devices Building is a very worthy winner of this title.  It’s iconic design makes it a stand out building on the UL campus and the research work which will be carried out in the building will significantly support Ireland’s national research priorities and contribute to the economic development of the country. 

It is a great building inside and out!”