Vhishing attacks are carried out over the phone
- Never give remote access to your computer to anyone who phones you
- Never connect to a website if advised by the caller this more than likely will be an attempt to download malware onto your computer or take remote control of it.
- Never give personal, bank or login information over the phone or input them on a website unless you can verify that the caller or website is genuine.
- If you do give access to your computer notify ITD as soon as possible also you will need to contact your service providers such as your bank, Credit Card Company and mobile phone provider and advise them that your details maybe compromised.
- Please note that ITD will never ask for login details by email.