Project Name - SharePoint Migration to Office 365
What is the Project?
Migration of your departments data from your existing SharePoint 2010 environment to SharePoint 365. With this new platform, document management and collaboration will be simplified. Security will be streamlined and improved for all users across the systems.
The end vision for this project is to provide a stable and secure solution that can facilitate intelligent content management and a modern user experience for staff.
What does it mean for you?
- ITD will contact impacted departments well in advance relating to their SharePoint migration to jointly agree timelines.
- Migration of SharePoint sites from the current platform to SharePoint 365 is a ‘Lift and Shift’ of user data.
- SharePoint Site Owners input will be required to plan the new structure.
- Workshop Training is provided to department SharePoint champions\site owners.
- Training Materials and fortnightly virtual Drop-in Clinic Support are available; UL SHAREPOINT 365 TRAINING CENTRE
- New User Experience on SharePoint 365
- New clean look and feel.
- Improved Search functionality.
- Office Integration.
- Versioning and Co-Authoring.
- Updated Document Management Structure.
This is an exciting development which will provide a further integration of the Microsoft suite of services for staff at the University of Limerick.
The overall project is in the Execute Phase, status Green.
The following is a summary of the key project activities and their status.