Migration Date - October 21st 2019
Prior to migration user actions
Due to limitations in the Microsoft migration tools ITD will not be able to automatically move OneNote data to the new environment and as a result the following steps must be taken.
Mobile App Users
- No action required at this stage
Windows 7, 8 & 10 users
- Please ensure that you are using OneNote 2016 which is part of Microsoft Office 2016 on a Windows 7/8 or 10 device. If you do not have Microsoft Office 2016 installed on your PC or laptop you must refer to the ITD installation for Office 2016 guide.
- Users must export each OneNote Notebook from its current location in the legacy 365 environment to a new folder on their PC or laptop. Once the export process has been completed users must then close all current notebooks in the OneNote application. (see attached guide)
- The export option isn't available on the OneNote for Mac client. You will need to log on to a Windows machine running OneNote 2016, connect to your OneNote notebooks and export the relevant files. (see attached guide)
- If you don’t have access to a Windows device or if you encounter issues during this process, log a call on ITD’s Call Management System (TOPdesk - https://ul.topdesk.net ) – log in to TOPdesk using your UL credentials, click on the ‘Office 365’ menu and select ‘Request a OneNote Export (Mac Users)’ on the right hand menu, and complete the online form before close of business on Thursday, 3rd October.
During the migration
To prevent data loss, it is essential that you DO NOT make any changes to your OneNote Notebooks between 5pm on Monday, 21st October and until you have successfully completed the post-migration steps on your OneNote application across all devices on Tuesday, 22nd October.
Post migration user actions
It is essential that you have carried out the Pre Migration steps before proceeding with the Post Migration steps. If you have not completed these Pre Migration steps before Monday Oct 21st @ 5pm you will need to log a call through TopDesk (link)
Users accessing OneNote on a laptop / desktop.
Following the migration you will need to import/sync your OneNote notebooks with your new Office 365 account.
- Windows Devices (See attached guide)
- Mac Devices – The import/sync process is not available on the OneNote for Mac client. You will need to log on to a Windows machine running OneNote 2016, connect to your OneNote notebooks and export the relevant files. (See attached guide)
Users accessing through a mobile app.
After the migration you will be required to Sign Out and then Sign In using your UL user account.