How do I get connected to the Wireless Network?
All students will connect to the wireless network “eduroam” which is available throughout the campus.
Windows devices / Apple devices
- Select "eduroam" from the available Wi-Fi networks in the bottom right hand corner.
- For Students enter your username as StudentID@studentmail.ul.ie / For staff firstname.lastname@example.org and enter your network password.
- Choose Connect
- Google pixel phones need to install “geteduroam” app from the playstore and select “University of Limerick” as your institution
All other Android Devices follow the below instructions.
- Go to Wi-Fi settings and select eduroam.
- Leave EAP method as PEAP .
- Leave Phase 2 authentication to MSCHAPV2.
- Set certificate validation to "Do not Validate”
- Set Identity for Students enter StudentID@studentmail.ul.ie / For staff enter email@example.com
- If you have the domain field: (not on all versions of android)
- Students Domain: studentmail.ul.ie
- Staff Domain: ul.ie
- Leave Anonymous Identity blank.
- Enter your network/email password
For further information please go to www.ul.ie/eduroaminfo
For Further information on accessing WiFi in the Student Villages relating to gaming and Smart TV's please for to www.ul.ie/eduroaminfo