8. Your Rights
8.1 Your rights relating to your personal data include:
- to be informed (via this privacy notice and other communications).
- your right to request access to Personal Data held by the University, and to have any incorrect Personal Data rectified;
- your right (where appropriate); to the restriction of processing concerning you or to object to processing;
- your right to have Personal Data erased (where appropriate); and
- your right to data portability regarding certain automated Personal Data
- with regard to rights within the legislation relating to “automated decision-making”, the University does not use such processes and they do not arise.
- to restrict the use of the data we hold and the right to object to the University using your data - please contact the Information Management team if you believe your personal data is being used unlawfully or you have reason particular to your personal situation why we should not be processing it.
8.2 Requests for any of the above should be addressed by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing setting out your specific request to the University’s Data Protection Officer, Office of the Corporate Secretary, University of Limerick, Limerick. Your request will be processed within 30 days of receipt. Please note, however, it may not be possible to facilitate all requests, for example, where the University is required by law to collect and process certain personal data including that personal information that is required of any student of the University.
8.3 Additionally, you can update your personal data on the SI system or alternatively by contacting the Student Academic Administration Office at email@example.com.