Faculty of Science and Engineering
The following procedures apply:
- All postgraduate applications are considered at a meeting (PGR - Postgraduate Research) on the first Tuesday of each month (except August). Prior to that meeting, the application form has to be processed by the Research Admissions Office, and if any financial aid is involved (i.e. either fees or maintenance), this has to be signed off IN ADVANCE by the Finance Office.
- Submit all applications to Research Admissions Office (Room F2-013; phone (23)3285). If posting application please use following address:
Research Admissions Office
University of Limerick
- Please note applications should not come through the department offices or the Faculty Office. We will NOT be responsible for chasing signatures or forms submitted.
- The Application Proposal will be reviewed by the Faculty Research Committee on the Thursday prior to the PGR meeting. Only those applications that have been processed by the Research Admissions Office will be reviewed by the Faculty Research Committee.
Please Note the following is required :
- Forms Signed by applicant, supervisor / joint supervisor
- Financial Aid form signed by all parties including Head of Department
- Proposed Research Programme / Project Description
- Confirmation / copies of applicants qualifications included.
- Postgraduate agreement form completed. Once the application has been approved by the PGR this form must be signed by the student and Head of Department before registration.